New Patterns in CEY Yarns!

Like most knitters, I can’t wait to see the newest issues of knitting magazines. I have been known to stalk my local bookstore and LYS to glimpse the newest issues. I may have even visited multiple locations to see who gets the new issues first.

When the newest issue of Knitscence came across my desk, I put everything aside to page through it. I noticed there were a few items knit from Classic Elite Yarns and I wanted to share them with you.

First up is the Morning Glory Mitts & Tam set from Catherine Shields. Catherine used MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino. The set features a cable and lace pattern that reminds me of the first buds of spring, pretty and delicate.


The twist of the Naturally Soft Merino is a perfect fit for this pattern. The twist and spring of the yarn allows the pattern to pop, while the warmth of the merino will keep you toasty from these last days of winter to the first chilly days of spring.


I always have a special place in my knitting queue for cardigans. And no exception to this is the Smokey Rose Cardigan by Maria Leigh. Knit in Soft Linen, this cardigan is a great layering piece that can be worn from early spring into late fall. And Soft Linen comes in so many great colorways, there is something that is sure to catch you eye.


Knit in one piece from the bottom-up, the simple cardigan features a flower stitch on the yoke that is accented by small buttons - clever!


All of these patterns are making me think about spring knitting - I foresee my WIP list growing.

Check with your local LYS to check out the newest issue of Knitscene.


Photos courtesy of Interweave Press, Nathan Rega, photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment