Knitting Resolutions

It’s human nature, as the New Year approaches we start thinking about what we want to change in the upcoming year. For many of us it is about make resolutions. And while eating healthier and going to the gym more often are great resolutions, how about a knitting resolution? Maybe a new technique, or finish that project that has been stuffed in the bottom of your closet for a few years now, or maybe even just organizing your stash.

Last year my knitting resolution was to learn Fair Isle. At first it was daunting, but after a few tries I figured out how to hold my yarn in the other hand and work both colors at once.  And while I have not finished my project, Funchal Moebius by Kate Davis, I feel I have mastered the technique.



So what do I do this year? For most the answer is obvious. Steeking. But let’s be honest…that scares me too much. I make a fair amount of socks, and while I don’t suffer from SSS (second sock syndrome), I have always been intrigued by the concept of knitting 2 socks at once, one inside the other. Kory Stamper wrote a tutorial about it on Knitty a few years ago. And while I was immediately taken with the idea, the thought of holding yarn in both hands was just too much for me. But now that I have mastered the Fair Isle technique, I think I am ready to try this new adventure.

Using Liberty Wool Light, I am going to use a basic sock pattern to start with, just simple stockinette. I plan to start in the next few weeks, so check back and see my progress.



What are your Knitting Resolutions for the New Year? We’d love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Just don't try it on dpns... worst ladders ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.Breast enlargement cream

    ReplyDelete