Spring 2013 Interweave Knits

I have mentioned before how I hear the siren call of new knitting magazines. It starts softly as a sweet melody, but it doesn’t take long for it to become louder and louder, until I can’t ignore it any more.

The other day, I thought I heard it gently in the background and by lunch time it was as loud as a rock concert in my cubicle. I was also extremely jealous of my colleagues who happened to get to the sole copy of the new Interweave Knits at the lunch table before I did.

I (somewhat) patiently waited my turn to see all the yummy new patterns inside.

One of my favorites is the Trellis Scarf designed by Bethany Hick made from Firefly.


I love the combination of lace and texture stitches that give it a vintage vibe. You can either leave it a scarf or graft the ends together to make a cowl when finished knitting. The optional crocheted flowers give it an extra sense of whimsy.

I also really love the Bartόk Tunic designed by Julia Farwell-Clay. She used Majestic Tweed to create a charming split neck pullover with a bird motif on the sleeves.


Hummmmm...so much to knit, not enough time.

Photos courtesy of Interweave Press, Joe Hancock, photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment