Quick Last Minute Gift

I have a tendency to overdo it with presents. I get it from my mom, “Just one more little thing to open, you know…just cause.” Which means even though I think I am done with my Christmas presents, I’m really not. But who wants to go out into the madness of the shopping malls and centers at this time of year? Not me! You know what that means. Yep, I am casting on something.

I found this pattern for mini socks in a past webletter. They are small, quick and simple. Perfect!



Each “sock” only takes about 20 yards, so you can get lots of socks from a single skein of Alpaca Sox (available in Solids, Kettle Dyes or Hand Dyes)  or Liberty Wool Light.



I hoped over to Ravelry to see what some of you have done with this pattern in the past and there are lots of great ideas. I saw it used as a gift tag with the person’s initial on it, as an ornament on trees, as an advent calendar on a garland and even as doll socks.



Although there are only 3 knitting days left to Christmas, you still have time to make a few of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment