|Honeysuckle KAL at Smith's Furnishings in Oberlin, OH|
Spring Knit-a-Longs have been HUGE this year. Should your LYS be hosting one?
Community is the lifeblood of the LYS. Yarn shops are where we meet new friends united by a common passion, learn, inspire, and share our lives with each other. There's nothing like walking into a yarn shop filled with happy knitters, chatting away and working on their projects together. Hosting events is an easy way to bring people together, and Classic Elite KAL's are a no-brainer.
|Knitting along at Personal Threads in Omaha, NE|
This is how it works:
1. To register your KAL, you must be a CEY retailer whose account is in good standing.
2. Assemble five or more participants and set a beginning and end date.
3. Have each participant choose any project from the 2011 Spring Collection requiring 2 or more balls of any CEY brand yarn.
4. Pre-register your group with Heather, our sales manager.
5. Sit back and knit, making sure everyone is done by your established end date.
6. Choose a winner to get the grand prize, a $100 retail value gift basket filled with sweet swag from our gracious friends at companies like ChiaoGoo, Soak, Della Q, Namaste, Eucalan, Lantern Moon, Designs by Romi, Paradise Buttons, and Buttons Etc. All our baskets are a little different, the picture below is an example of the great stuff you could receive.
7. Send us your pictures so we can share them with other Classic Elite knitters on Facebook, Twitter or Ravelry.
The possibilities are endless, and there's no limit to the benefits. Hold a regularly scheduled knit group, or host your KAL online through Facebook or Ravelry. Choose a winner by raffle, whoever finishes first, or have your other customers vote on your own mini-trunk show. Hold a fashion show or other event where your knitters can showcase their latest garment.
How will you participate in a Knit-a-Long this spring?
|Knitters at A Likely Yarn in Abingdon, VA|